Hello everyone! It is the best time to start "Back To School" series!
I will be publish new posts every 2 days - invite :-*
Back to school is much more fun when you dont actually attend school anymore.
Get ready to send the kids back to school by sewing a backpack that is literally made for your child. Start out with a basic drawstring pencilcase if you are new to sewing. Add a little creature or animal to the pencilcase to make it stand out from the rest. Let your child choose the colors and patterns to make it completely unique. From quirky options to stylish cases, these 40 DIY Pencil Cases are sure to be a hit when it comes to back-to-school style.
Check them out…
20 DIY Pencil Cases
1. Piano Pencil Pouch - Say that five times fast.
2. Upcycled Leggings Pencil Pouch - Yeah, those are actually old leggings.
3. Crocheted Pencil-Shaped Case - Sooooo meta. Get the pattern here.
4. PVC Pipe Pencil Case -Marlene at Jade and Fern transformed a PVC pipe into a practical pencil case. Add your pens and pencils and head off to class.
5. How beautiful is this case by Kristyne from Pretty By Hand? This isn’t a free tutorial but I thought it would serve as some fabulous inspiration for you! Rounded Pencil case tutorial PDF pattern.
6. Another, rather lovely Zakka style sewing pouch from A Spoonful of sugar designs. These fabulous ladies have so many pencil case tutorials! I wont share them all here, you can just look at their most popular tutorials in the sidebar. They’re all there!
7. Pretty japanese patchwork large pouch. This type of cosmetics box pouch can make a great pencil case if you take art and carry your supplies around! I would recommend lining with oilcloth or a treated cotton. And if you study art or anything ALWAYS put a cap on your craft knives. I can’t tell you how many pencil cases I’ve sliced right through! I also cannot look at this photo with the little name in the bottom corner without Julie Andrews singing in my head!
8. I love this little zakka pouch as it looks very roomy indeed! Via Innocentia
9. Knotted pencil pouch tutorial via See Kate Sew
10. A crochet pencil case tutorial! It can be made a little sturdier depending on the type of yarn you use.
11. Plain and simple little pencil cases from Ann Kelle
12. A little bunny pencil pouch courtesy of this lovely Zakka Sewing book tutorial!
13. This lovely little pencil case is from Ideas Mag South Africa
14. Eeep!!! This one for me please!!! This felt kitty pencil case tutorial is from Do Small Things With Love
15. How adorable is this little crayon roll from Domestic Bliss Squad?!
16. Polka Dot Pencil Case - This cute little case was created by Amber from Damask Love.
17. Mosaic Pencil Holder - This reflective pencil holder was crafted bt Natalie from My Little Secrets. This oughtta cheer up your desk!
18. Jean Pencil Pocket - Gloribell at I Don’t Know How She Does It made this pouch from an old pair of jeans. There you have it. A vintage-inspired pouch for stashing your supplies.
19. No-Sew Leather Pencil Case - It’s quick, easy, and looks spectacular.
20. Patterned Leather Pencil Pouch - Get the tutorial here.
extra - 20 DIY Pencil Cases Ideas
1. Knotted zipper pouch tutorial - by see kate sew
2. Zipper girl - by Lia’s Creative Space
3. Felt pencil case - on Martha Stewart
4. Toilet roll pencil case - by onelmom
5. Personalized pencil pouch - by Rae Gun Ramblings
6. DIY cylinder pencil case - by Ikat Bag on Sew Mama Sew
7. Pompom pencil case - by Shop Ruche
8. Capri Sun pencil pouch - by Rook no. 17
9. Charmed pencil pouch - by Sweet Verbena
10. Zipper Mouth Pencil Case - by Make it and Love it
1. Zippered pencil and school supply case - by sew 4 home
2. Metal frame clasp pencil pouch - by 2 little hooligans
3. Notebook paper zipper pouch tutorial - by Melly Sews
4. Pencil pouch - by Gwenny Penny
5. Shark pouch - on artists helping children
6. Hubert’s Rocket Pencil Case - by Filles à Maman
7. Triangular pouch - by Innocentia
8. Zip it up - by Craft Passion
9. Pencil case - by Heart Handmade
10. 3 ring pencil pouch - by Sew Can She
Have you tried making a pencil case before?
Share your favorite back to school-esque projects with us in the comments below!