Back to school budget got you down? Show off your creative side with these 16 stylish fashion DIYs to send you back to class looking perfectly put together! No one wants to look like everyone else anyway, so mix things up a bit, get out your crafting supplies and prepare to be the coolest-looking kid in class with some hacks and projects that will get you an A+ in Style 101.
16 Ways to DIY Back to School Style
1. Gold Feather Earrings: Get your boho on with these feathery leather earrings. The colored leather adds the perfect contrast to the gold paint; the hardest part of this DIY will be deciding which ones to wear first!
2. Cover Those Knees: If you’re looking for a way to add some personality to your leggings, this heart-shaped leather embellishment will make any outfit super fun. We think it’s almost better than the elbow patch because they get to hang front and center for everyone to admire.
3. Spotted Denim Skirt: Instead of paint, this black skirt was dotted with bleach so it’ll never rub off! The polka dot look is adorable, but don’t let that limit you if you want to try some other fun patterns.
4. Lined Paper Tee: It wouldn’t be school without some lined paper, and this tee takes it to a new level of wide-ruled chic. Maybe this tee will even inspire you to be extra productive ;)
5. DIY Plaid Backpack: Can you believe this backpack was made out of a thrifted men’s plaid shirt? We love the drawstring addition to keep everything safe and secure.
6. Golden Pencil Pendant: Hiding in the back of any junk drawer is a pencil that is too short to do anything with, but now you can turn it into a chic little accessory! This would be a pretty sweet teacher’s gift, too.
7. Tote Bag To Backpack: This project may look intimidating, but it requires minimum sewing and just a bit of fabric paint! Perfect for a gym bag or carrying around a few books, this backpack adds flair to your look.
8. Computer Case DIY: We really can’t go anywhere without our laptops or tablets, and we always appreciate a unique way to protect them while still looking stylish. This pretty case has a rugged leather flap for a pretty, eclectic look.
9. Color Block Tights: Is it weird we’re getting excited for tights weather? Tights and leggings are just such a fun way to dress up an outfit while still keeping your legs warm enough to rock that summer dress.
10. Book Clutch: Just because electronics have taken over the majority of our study supplies doesn’t mean we don’t miss the classic look of a pile of books! Get sneaky with this clutch that looks like an old book for a fun accessory.
11. Friendship Rope Necklace: If summer equals friendship bracelets, then fall equals a super layered and colorful version of the rope necklace. We love the scarf-like look of this loopy, textured accessory.
12. Glitter Booties: Talk about maximum effect with minimum effort. You’ll be getting compliments galore with these super glam booties that will only take you an afternoon to DIY. Play around with gold, silver and copper glitter to get the perfect style.
13. Burgundy is Best: If you’ve got some grandpa sweaters from last season, try this easy DIY for an instant update. No one will ever know you’re wearing last year’s clothes with this edgy addition!
14. Turban Headbands: For those mornings when you’re running a little late to class, you’ll love having these cute headbands to pull your hair back. Add a little spice to your outfit with this super easy, 15-minute accessory that you could make from any old fabric you have lying around.
15. Gold Tip Combat Boots: Show your toes some love with this gold medal DIY. The look is painted on with liquid gilding, so the gold should stay on no matter how many puddles you have to jump through on your way to class!
16. Zipper Bracelets: We love turning unconventional materials into wearable accessories, and zippers are a fun, edgy fall accessory to dress up your arm stack and buddy up with your friendship bracelet collection from the summer.
What will you be wearing on the first day of school?
Show me in the comments section below.