Why should flats, sandals, and heels get all the DIY shoe love? Especially since we’re gushing over beautiful fall boots right now. If you’re ready to upgrade from last year’s styles or just looking for a savvy way to switch things up boot-wise, check out these 18 awesome ways to take your boots to the next level.
DIY Ways To Boost Your Boots
1. Boot Scarf: This is definitely a boot DIY that you could do on the fly, since it requires materials that you probably have laying around your pad (scrap fabric, a loose button, and a safety pin)! As you can see, it really gives these equestrian-style boots romantic flair.
2. Nasty Gal Inspired Cut Out Boots: If you can’t get enough of the style on Nasty Gal, then these DIY boots are seriously up your alley. Just create your own pattern on a pair of distressed combat boots and xacto-knife away to get this edgy, laser-cut look.
3. Hoodie Boots: This is a shoe hack that we can get behind: turning an old hoodie into boots! Not only is this pair super comfy, but you’ll actually want to leave the house wearing them.
4. Cutoff Cowboy Boots: Even though we’ve shown you 10 ways to rock cowboy boots like a champ, it’s fun to make them over with an urban edge. Case in point: cowboy booties! They’re super on-trend for fall, and you won’t believe how easy they are to make yourself.
5. Belted Cowboy Boots: Here’s another way to amp up your cowboy boots boho-style—and they’re also a cinch to make. Layers upon layers of belts give these boots color and a super eclectic feel.
6. Glitter Ankle Boots: We’re dazzled by this glitter-filled DIY that makes an old pair of boots totally runway-worthy. Sparkling glitter backs make this one of our favorite DIY statement shoes of all time.
7. Gold Tip Combat Boots: Don’t just go gold on the back of your boots! Show your toes some love with this gold tip boot DIY. Liquid gilding adds a faux-metallic shine that is ultra glam.
8. Leather Over The Knee Boots: To make this totally smokin’ pair of boots, you’ll need an old leather pencil skirt, some basic sewing skills, and a ton of confidence! You don’t have to be a Hollywood starlet to rock this look—just check out all the ways this blogger styled this sky-high pair.
9. Color Blocked Shoe DIY: Casual ankle boots get a chic makeover with color blocks of black and gold. Put a Brit + Co twist on this DIY by making the contrast color more vibrant, like yellow or seafoam green.
10. Easy Boot Straps: A twisted leather braid and metal ring make a pair of boots look effortlessly cool. We’re nuts about the dangling chain detail that drapes around the heel.
11. Western Steel Toe Boots: These moto boots get a stunning southwestern makeover with this silver tipped DIY. The tiered, geometric shape on the toes looks incredibly sharp.
12. Gold Color Block Booties: How about taking a vertical approach to the gold dipped trend? Like this blogger says, it’s a great way to break up an all-black outfit.
13. Ribbon Wellies: Give yourself something to smile about on rainy days by dressing up your waterproof wellies. We laced up our pair with some matching ribbon, but you could also use neon cord or tasseled laces.
14. Lace and Feather Boots: We love the super girly take on this boho boot makeover. Lace and feathers give these suede boots a breath of fresh air that’s perfectly paired with a classy envelope skirt or a casual pair of jeans.
15. Floral Boots DIY: Add your favorite textile to a pair of boots with this completely customizable DIY. From this pretty floral print to solid color panels and even chevron stripes, the upcycling possibilities are pretty much endless!
16. Shoe Boot: A pair of worn out mid-rise boots team up with some serious pumps to create the ever trendy shoe boot (aka shoot). We bet you’ll be the first on the block to rock this pair of slouchy hybrids.
17. Stud Boots: Sure these studded boots look a bit scary at first. But style these suckers right and you’ll have a more versatile statement shoe than you may have thought. Just check out how this blogger paired ‘em with white tights and a full, flowy skirt to tone down their edge.
18. Moccasin Bootie DIY: We’ll end this roundup with one more southwestern-themed boot-over, which is what we’re now calling a boot makeover. Diamond and starburst leather cutouts amp up these amazing moccasin ankle booties that we’d rock with a pair of leggings and a billowy blouse.
Which pair of DIY boots is your favorite?
Have you ever tackled tricking out your own pair? Tell us all about it in the comments below!