Here are 16 braided styles to get you inspired!
1. Feather Headband Side Braid: Summer may be ending soon, but festival style is here to stay. Rock this look all year round by taking a long headband or hair wrap and braiding it right into your ‘do.
2. Neon Bobby Pins: If you’ve got a seriously thick braid that’s in need of a little added texture, decorate it with pops of color by making neon bobby pins.
3. Woven Fishtail Braid: The neon rope adds both color and texture to the already eye catching hairdo. Best fishtail add-in ever? Yes.
4. Frida Kahlo-Inspired Braided Buns: Take inspiration from one of the most prolific (and beautiful) artists in history by adding ribbon and printed fabric to a crown braid.
5. Silk Charms Braided Updo: This hippie-inspired updo is great for boho brides or bridesmaids… or for a random Tuesday night :)
6. Bobby Pin Crown Braid: If you love the braided crown but want to add a little edge to your look, add sparkly gold bobby pins!
7. Boho Braided Bun: We love everything about this messy bun — the textured fabric, the beads and the fact that you can freestyle to recreate it.
8. Grown Up Hair Wrap: Remember hair wraps? The end of summer is the perfect time to resurrect this retro hair hack—use brightly colored ribbon to make it pop through dark hair.
9. Ribbon Braided Flower Crown: This screams ’90s angst but in the prettiest way possible. Cue up Edie Brickell and get braiding.
10. Metallic Braid Band: Turn bobby pins into an entire headband with this look. As you can see, this was specifically created for wet hair, meaning you can make it your own on a busy morning.
11. Flower Crown Braid: Attention brides, you should probably pin this! Whether you use it for your own locks, your bridesmaids or sophisticated flower girls, this is a romantic, whimsical look we love.
12. Braid a Silk Scarf Into Your ‘Do: Got five minutes and dirty hair? Braid a scarf into it!
13. Velvet Ribbon Fishtail Braid: That’s right. VELVET. It’s not just for weird Victorian-era costumes anymore ;)
14. Fabric Woven Top Bun: Take a top bun to the next level with this fabric braided tutorial. Definitely don’t skip that dramatic back part — it makes the style look super polished.
15. Yarn and Suede Mini Braid Accents: Not ready to go for the fully decorated braid? Go for a braid that just happens to be hiding in your down ‘do.
16. Chevron Fabric Braid: You know what? Braids look a lot like chevron patterns, especially when tricked out with neon fabric.
How do you take braided hairstyles to the next level?
Please share photos with me on my Facebook page!